If you are not hearing sound in TestOut's videos, please try the following ideas:
- TestOut's videos only support mono and stereo audio configurations. Multi-channel set-ups usually won't work. If you use a 3rd party audio setup or a multi-channel audio configuration check to ensure that your sound is set to either stereo or mono. Surround sound and 3.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc. configurations will not work. If sound comes through when you plug in earbuds or headphones, but not with the normal speakers, then this is likely the cause.
- Please ensure that the browser tab is not muted and that webpages are permitted to make sounds.
- Right click on your volume icon in the system tray and open the volume mixer. Ensure that nothing is muted there.
- Ensure your speakers are turned up and turned on.
- In rare cases, on Windows 10, simply by opening the Movies and TV app, it may cause videos that previously had no sound be able to play sound if the browser is closed and reopened after doing so.
Chat in or call us for additional support, if needed, at 1-800-877-4889. We are open between 6:00am and 6:00pm Mountain time, Monday - Friday.